Facility Operations Service Reduction Summary
As a result of recent and on-going university required budget cuts, CFS Facility Operations has been required to reduce, and in some cases eliminate, certain services. The below list will be updated as further service reductions become necessary. As of November 1, 2009, the CFS general fund has incurred FY2009-10 base budget reductions totaling $1,043,726. If you have any questions or concerns about the service reductions, please contact Jeff Plawecki, , (317) 274-8892. If you have questions about the overall CFS response to the challenges of the current budgetary environment, please contact Emily Wren, , (317) 274-4553.
Summary of service level reductions in place:
- Reduced cleaning of office areas (no change to public spaces such hallways, stairwells, classrooms, and restrooms)
- Elimination of C-fold towels in laboratories
- Elimination of personal hygiene products in campus restrooms
- Reduced number of trash removals per week in offices
- Reduced number of flowers planted on campus
- Reduced amount of mulch used on campus
- Reduced sidewalk and road maintenance
- Reduced turf maintenance work - less irrigation
- Reduced turf maintenance work - less fertilization
Additional cuts have occurred within Campus Facility Services, but do not directly affect service provided to the campus. For example, certain administrative tasks and costs have been shifted and/or minimized where possible to provide more resources for direct service delivery. In addition, internal budgets for items such as durable equipment, uniforms and tools have been reduced as well in order to minimize the impact on services provided to the campus.